Banana Ice Cream
Who goes bananas for bananas? Banana ice cream is just for you then. Thick, creamy and filling this ice cream flavor is a mouthful. Pour chocolate syrup on top, toss in some peanuts or even add some chocolate chips to take this homemade ice cream recipe up one level.
Of course do not forget the whipped cream and cherry on top. Pull out your ice cream maker to make a batch for the kids pool party, end of year school year party, football Sunday barbeque or whatever the occasion. Just make sure you let everyone know that this is homemade ice cream.
Banana Ice Cream
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Banana Puree
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extact
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Freezer Bowl. Place ice cream maker freezer bowl in freezer overnight.
- Beat Eggs. Combine eggs and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is thick, smooth and pale yellow in color then set aside.
- Create Ice Bath. Create an ice bath. Fill a larger unheatable bowl half way with ice and water. Place a smaller unheatable bowl inside.
- Create Custard Base. Heat up milk in medium sauce pan on medium low heat until bubbles form around the sides of the pan and begins to steam. Scoop 1/2 cup of warm cream and add to the egg yolk mixture and stir. Next pour the egg yolk mixture back into the milk/cream mixture and continue to heat up. Constantly stir with wooden spoonuntil the custard mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon and you canrun your finger through the coating and the space does not fill in immediately.(DO NOT OVERHEATor the eggs or they will curdle and be ruined). Now you have the custard base to make the ice cream.
- Ice Bath. Strain the custard through a sieve into a medium bowl to remove all the excess creamy foamand stir in heavy cream then place in top smaller bowl of the ice bath. Stir until cool. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or completely chilled.
- Time for the Ice Cream Maker. Remove cream mixture from fridge. Stir in bananas, vanilla and nutmeg then follow the ice cream maker instructions for your particular model. Cream will start to freeze within minutes. And eventually will thicken. Return to freezer to set and become creamier. This is when the flavor thoroughly develops. Store in an airtight plastic container.
Banana Ice Cream back to Ice Cream Maker Recipes
Learn to Make Homemade Green Tea Ice Cream
How to Make Cookie Dough Ice Cream
How do you make white chocolate ice cream?