Cherry Florentines Cookies
Cherry Florentines are one version of these light, great-tasting, gourmet Italian cookies. The chocolate coating adds a special touch to these cookies.
Suprise someone and make these for a gift or take them to a Christmas party, family get-together or other special occasion. Then choose a way to
They are not that hard to make, which makes these deluxe treats even more appealing.
I sure love the cherry and chocolate combination. My favorite desserts are and always will be cookies. They are light, don't make you overly thirsty and pack a lot of flavor.
Enjoy making them!
Cherry Florentines Recipe
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, in pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Candied Cherries (Red and Green)
- 5 oz Semisweet Chocolate, Chopped
- Cooking Spray
- 3 Cookie Sheets
- Medium Saucepan
- Double Boiler
- Cooling Racks
- Fork or Toothpicks
- Medium Bowl
- Pastry Brush or Spatula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 3 cookie sheets and set aside.
- Sift flour and salt in medium bowl.
- Using low heat, melt the butter, corn syrup and sugar in saucepan. Stir constantly until completely melted into liquid form.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix in flour, sugar and cherries until blended well.
- Spoon onto cookie sheet. Allow space between each dropping.
- You will bake one sheet at a time so only place 8 per sheet.
- Bake each sheet between 8 - 10 minutes, until edges show signs of being baked and tops are sligthly browned.
- Set aside to cool a bit before transferring to cooling racks.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler on low temperature. (Do not use high temperature or the chocolate will burn. Do not allow the water to touch the top
- Paint the chocolate onto one side of the cookies with spatula or pastry brush. You can create texture on the cookies with other objects like a fork or toothpick.
- Let cool for about 20-30 minutes, chocolate side up.
Back to Cookies
Cherry Florentines to Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts Home