Chocolate Meringues are a delicious version of this light and fluffy cookie. They are easy to make and require very few ingredients so they won't be that expensive to make.
Looking for a simple, but great homemade edible gift idea?
Use this recipe to make some tasty gifts for teachers, friends, gift exchanges at work or even business clients as thank you gifts.
They make great gifts because they are so unique and you can make a lot of them at once, not to mention these gourmet cookies are tasty and addictive.
Package a dozen or so of them in large cellophane plastic bags, cookie tins or in
cookie boxes with windows
. Slap on stickers and create greeting cards or gift tags with a humerous, romantic or sweet
Lots of simple, inexpensive gourmet cookies gifts to go around and many smiles to make. So try 'em out.
Chocolate Meringue CookiesIngredients
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup ground walnuts
- Heat oven to 275º.
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil or baking parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; continue beating until stiff and glossy. Do not underbeat.
- Fold in cocoa. (Batter will not be mixed completely; there will be some streaks of cocoa.) Place meringue in decorating bag fitted with large star tip (#4). Pipe 11/4-inch stars onto cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with walnuts; brush excess nuts from cookie sheet.
- Bake 33 to 35 minutes or until outside is crisp and dry (meringues will be soft inside).
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Chocolate Meringues to Gourmet Cookies
Get Free Cookies and Candy Recipes Ebooks