Hazelnut Chocolate Pinwheels: Cookies Recipe
Who can resist fun and yummy looking pinwheel cookies?
Well, hazelnut chocolate pinwheels taste great too! Chocolate and hazelnuts make a great combination and the swirl, lollipop look of these cookies make them unbeatable.
This icebox cookies can be made fresh or the dough can be stored in the freezer for about a month or in the fridge for about a week ready for those guests to visit or perhaps you just wish to make a snack for yourself.
I absolutely love cookies they are my favorite dessert, I could eat dozens of them. I love making them too and you will love making these chocolate pinwheels.
Impress people you know with your own batch, they will ask how you created the multi color swirl, they will be equally impressed with the flavor. Surprise them with this delicious pinwheel recipe and make a batch.
Chocolate Hazelnut Pinwheels
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (cut up)
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons cold water)
- 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- Sif tthe flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the hazelnuts and sugar.
- Use a (link)pastry blender(link) to cut in the butter until mixture is broken into fine crumbs.
- Mix in the egg mixture to form a firm dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place on a large piece of parchment paper and roll out to a 10x14-inch rectangle.Spread evenly with the chocolate hazelnut spread and tightly roll the dough fromthe long side (not the end) into a log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the dough into 1/2 inch thick disks and place on prepared cookie sheet 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are golden brown and rotate sheet halfwaythrough bake time.
- Cool on wire racks.
Chocolate Pinwheels Recipe to Gourmet Cookies Recipes
Chocolate Cookies Recipes