Christmas Cupcake and Cupcake -Making Tips
Looking for Christmas Cupcake ideas? Have you made a Christmas Bulb Cupcake before? Or perhaps you just have some basic cupcake questions you need answered? Thinking about making some cupcakes for a holiday party at work or for your kids’ school party, or maybe you will make some for a bake sale? Today Deluxe-Sweets-and-Candy- Gifts has a special guest for you today to share some Christmas cupcake ideas with you as well as answer some of your questions.
Please welcome Leigh Wyryha from Easy-Cake-Decorating.com . She is an avid cake and cupcake baker/ decorator from British Colombia, Canada. Please feel free to visit her site to view the great images of her creations. Thank you Leigh for taking time from your busy schedule to help our fans. We have arranged some questions for you.
Christmas Cupcake Interview with Leigh Wyryha www.easy-cake-decorating.com
1. Your Baking Inspiration: “First please tell us briefly what your inspiration was to start making cakes and cupcakes?”
I've always been a very artistic person and started baking at a very young age, which quickly grew into one of my greatest passions, so for me baking cakes and being able to decorate them with my own personal touch was the perfect combination of both. As soon as I saw the positive feedback I was getting from people, especially the younger kids that were so excited to see their special cake, I was hooked. At first I just started baking cakes and cupcakes for my family and friends and over the years it has grown to the point where I now own my own bakery shop and bake cakes and cupcakes for every occasion!
2. Favorite Christmas Cupcake Flavor: “What is your favorite Christmas cupcake flavor to eat, mint, vanilla, chocolate, cinnamon, etc?” There are so many delicious Christmas flavors that it's hard to choose just one. I think on the top of my list would have to be the gingerbread cupcake topped with a vanilla buttercream icing, garnished with a simple candy cane on top.
“Most people probably would say that the frosting is what makes the cupcake. I personally agree with that, I love the frosting. There are so many different frosting flavors.”
3. Tastiest Christmas Cupcake Frosting Recipe: “Do you have a favorite Christmas frosting recipe? In other words what is a good flavor to use to go along with the season and how do you make it? Would you mind sharing the recipe with us?” My favorite Christmas frosting recipe is a cinnamon marshmallow frosting from EatingWell.com that I discovered a few years ago - It's to die for! I make them every year as a Christmas Eve treat and they're usually gone before I get one, so now I have to hide a few in my cupboards. The frosting is best made a bit in advance because it does take about 20 minutes to make but it's truly worth it.
Cinnamon Marshmallow Frosting Recipe
4. Favorite Decorated Christmas Cupcake- Christmas Bulb Cupcake “What is your favorite Christmas decorated cupcake to make? Could you share the recipe with our fans or perhaps just a link back to your site for it?” My favorite Christmas decorated cupcake to make is the "Christmas bulb cupcake". You can find the complete Christmas Bulb Cupcake recipe and a step-by-step tutorial.
“Now many of our fans would like to know how to take care of some troublesome cupcake problems or issues that come up.”
5. Maintaining Cupcake Freshness “For example, when do cupcakes go stale? How long should you store your cupcakes?” Every baker is different as to how and how long they store their cupcakes. I like them to always be as fresh as they can be so I store them in special Tupperware containers that are air tight and can also be put in the freezer. Depending on where you’re keeping your cupcakes, like a pastry case, fridge, etc... it depends how fast they go stale. Cupcakes usually start to go stale after the second or third day if they're not kept in air tight containers.
“And here’s a question we often get here at Deluxe-Sweets-and-Candy-Gifts.com regarding how to deliver sweets.”
6. How to Transport Cupcakes “What is the best way to transport cupcakes so they stay in one piece?” When I transport my cupcakes I use special cupcake containers that I purchased from Wilton, which hold a maximum of 48 cupcakes. I believe it’s called the cupcake caddy but I’m not sure if they still call it that. I usually end up using two or three of these for the larger orders and they have always arrived perfect.
7. Easy-Cake-Decorating.com “OK Leigh here’s is your big spotlight. What can our fans learn from your website?” Every person that visits my website will hopefully be able to walk away and think to themselves wow-I can make that cake or cupcake myself! For me it's all about passing on what I've learned along the way and spread my creativity onto others and show people that you don't need to be an expert cake decorator to create amazing and unique cakes and cupcakes. I know it can feel a little intimidating when you have to create, bake and decorate cupcakes for 50 kids and they're parents for the first time but I'm hoping that my website will give them the confidence they need to feel proud about what they've made and feel good about presenting it and loving every step!
Again thank you Leigh for your time to teach us how to make a great Christmas Cupcake and to answer all our questions about cupcake making. Deluxe-Sweets-and-Candy-Gifts.com would like to wish you a great holiday season. Stay warm and come visit us sometime down here in sunny Florida.
Christmas Cupcake back to Cupcake Gifts