Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Recipe
with chocolate chips
This edible gift idea is great for that chocolate lover. Cookies and Cream Cheesecake(also known as Oreo® Cheesecake) is one of the tastiest versions I know. The rich, chocolate cookies crumb blended with the soft creamy cheese filling is a match made in "chocolate heaven" and you can learn to make it right here at Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts. This is a no bake cheesecake recipe. And I've added my own personal twist- chocolate chips. I've mixed them
in the batter as well as layered them
on the top. You will love it!
Surprise your husband, girlfriend or any person that you care about that could use a lift. There are always special occasions to make edible gifts whether as a "get well" gift, "thinking of you", "love you" or even as a birthday gift. Unique
are endless and so are
gift packaging ideas
. And don't forget to include a gift tag or greeting card along with a cute or romantic
such as, "Let's make a trade. This rich, chocolate cookie cheesecake for a big, rich kiss."
Ok now onto the cheesecake recipe and make sure to check out the PICTORIAL RECIPE below.
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 Cups Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies, finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons Margarine, Softened
- 2 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, softened (2 packges)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream, Whipped
- 1 1/4 Cup Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups of Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Combine finely chopped cookie crumbs and margarine. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Soften gelatin in water. Stir over low heat until dissolved.In separate bowl combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on an electric mixer untilwell blended.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture and milk, mixing until well blended. Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Chill until mixture is thickened but not set. Fold in whipped cream.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese mixture. Pour remaining cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Combine cookies and reserved cream cheese mixture then pour on top and spread even over entire cake.
- Cover with 1 cup of chocolate chips. Chill until firm.
Are you a visual learner? Then you will like this guide. This is easy to make, but oh so yummy! I'm not even a chocolate lover, in fact, I love cherry cheesecake and many other fruit flavored cheesecakes, but this one tasted so good. The chocolate chips tipped the scales for me.
Just use the following the list of ingredients above on this page.
Crushed Cookie Crumbs
Cookie Crumb Crust
1. Crust: Combine finely chopped cookie crumbs and margarine. I doubled two sealable plastic bags and dropped the cookies inside. To crush them I lightly beat on the bag with a rubber mallet. Then mixed the crumbs and margarine by hand and pressed them on the bottom of my 9-inch springform pan.
Mix Cream Cheese, Sugar and Dissolved Gelatin
2. Cream Cheese Mixture:Soften gelatin in water. Stir over low heat until dissolved. In separate bowl combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on an electric mixer until well blended.Gradually add gelatin mixture and milk, mixing until well blended.
Add Chocolate Chips to Cream Cheese Mixture
3. Add Chocolate Chips: Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
Cream Cheese Mixture into Springform Pan
4. Pour Mixture into Springform Pan: Chill until mixture is thickened but not set. Fold in whipping cream. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese mixture. Pour remaining cream cheese mixture over crust.
Top Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips
5. Top Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips: Combine cookies and reserved cream cheese mixture then pour on top and spread evenly over entire cake.Cover with 1 cup of chocolate chips. Chill until firm.
6. Remove Cheesecake: Loosen cheesecake around inside of pan by light drawing a sharp knife around entire pan. Unbuckle springform pan. Lift pan from cake and set to the side.
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips
Enjoy it yourself or package in a cheesecake box or tin and keep chilled until you deliver it. Only keep 2-3 days max.
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Recipes to Cheesecake Gifts
Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts Home