Dirt Rice Crispy Treats: Gummi Worm Lovers' Delight with Chocolate.
This Dirt Rice Crispy Treats recipe will be great fun for both you and the kids. Simple to make, fun to eat. Sounds good, right?
I came up with this idea by blending Dirt Cake with rice crispy treats, but only this time we will be using chocolate flavored cereal instead. They look like scoops of dirt. They've got the green grass (green colored white chocolate) on top and the chunks of dirt (chocolate flavored crisped rice cereal, hard-shelled chocolate candies and chocolate sandwich wafer cookies) underneath with the gross, but tasty worms (gummi worms, of course) inside.
Great for party favors, snacks or just to for your kids to take to school and share with their friends. Learn how to make these yummy treats below.
Dirt Rice Crispy Treats
Supplies for Dirt Rice Crispy Treats
Ingredients for Dirt Rice Crispy Treats
Directions for Dirt Rice Crispy Treats
1. Prepare baking dish. Spray baking dish and set aside. Measure and set cereal in large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Butter and Marshmallows. Melt butter in sauce pot on low heat. Once starts to melt add package of marshmallows. Stir with wooden spoon or plastic spoon.
3. Combine Melted Marshmallows and Crisped Cereal. Pour marshmallow mix from sauce pot into cereal in large bowl.
Spray mixing spoon with cooking oil and stir well.
4. Press Crisped Cereal Mix into Baking Sheet. Press mix into baking sheet then place in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to harden faster.
5. Melt Green Chocolate Wafers. Melt with either Double Boiler or in plastic sealable bag in microwave on 40% power for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and press bag fingers to work chocolate into a liquid state. If still needs melted more return to microwave and melt on 40% power again in 10 second intervals.
6. Cover Treats with Chocolate. Remove baking dish from refrigerator. Spoon melted chocolate onto hardened cereal batter in baking dish. Spread evenly with spatula and immediately sprinkle with green colored sugar. Set baking dish aside to allow chocolate to set.
7. Cut Treats. Once chocolate has hardened cut with large chef knife into small squares or rectangles.
8. Package and Deliver. If for party favors package treats in cellophane bags and tie off with twist ties. Perhaps place themed stickers on the bags. If decorating the package isn't necessary then simply cover baking dish or place on serving dish and cover with plastic wrap.
Now take them to the special event or whatever the occasion.
Thank you for visiting our site. If you liked this recipe please check out other (link)rice crispy treats recipes(link) and other great
Don't forget to sign up for our monthly newletter The Gourmet Candy Shoppe Gazette and register for our site in the upper left corner of this screen.