French macarons, or macaroons, will delight anyone who loves gourmet cookies. They are delicate and light and can be filled with frosting or icing. Cookies make great candy gifts for those you love. Gift package them and send them as a surprise to your grandmother, clients or sister. Write out a creative gift message to make them laugh or to touch their heart.
These cookies do not use flour, instead eggs are the main ingredient. If you like these then you should try out meringues too. Make sure you save a few for yourself.
3 egg whites
1/4 cup white sugar
1 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup finely ground almonds
1.Baking Sheet. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
2. Create Batter. Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer with a whisk attachment until foamy. Next beat in granulated sugar until mixture is shiny, fluffy and forms peaks. Sift or pulverize confectioners' sugar and almonds in blender separately then quickly fold into egg white mixture.
3. Test Batter. Test batter readiness by scooping a small portion into a plastic bag. Cut a corner of the bag first then pipe a disk onto the baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches around. Batter is ready if it flattens right away. It's not ready if it remains in a peak form. If not ready then continue folding the batter then retest. Once batter ready fill pastry bag, or thick plastic bag (freezer bags work well) with corner cut off, fitted with a plain round tip.
4. Pipe Batter. Pipe disks onto the baking sheet. Leave space between each. Set piped disks aside on counter until a firm layer forms on top, may take about an hour.
5. Bake Cookies. Preheat oven at 285 degrees once cookies start to harden on surface. Then bake cookies are slightly firm, do not burn them. Do not wait until brown. This could be as fast as 10 minutes. Do not go too far away from oven. Constantly check until done.
6. Cool Cookies. Cool cookies completely on cooling wire racks before filling and making cookie sandwiches two disks. An easy method of filling the cookies is to use any flavor of frosting to fill the cookies.
Other Macaroon Recipes
google_ad_client = "pub-4520119733373775";
/* Chocolate Rt Column */
google_ad_width = 120;
google_ad_height = 600;