Lemon cheesecake great citrus flavor from Florida
Lemon cheesecake is the perfect deluxe sweet straight from Florida's citrus groves. Whether it's the lemon merengue or the famous Key Lime, you can put some sunshine in the day of someone special. There are all different varieties of lemon cheesecake (or lime) flavored desserts to tantalize the taste buds of your girlfriend, husband, neighbor or best friend. You can have one delivered from an online store straight to their office or home. I've also included some great easy recipes if you'd rather make some homemade gifts.
Try out this traditional recipe. It's extra tart with both the lemon juice and lemon rind. Just make sure the final cake arrives to him/her all in one piece and not missing a few slices. You can make one for yourself later.
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 9 inch springform pan
- 3 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs (1 separated)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into bottom of 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla. Mix at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat in remaining egg white, reserve yolk for glaze. Pour over crumbs.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 250 degrees and continue to bake 30 minutes.
- Loosen cake from edge of pan then gently release spring. Cool completely before removing.
- GLAZE: Combine sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Add water and lemon juice. Cook until clear and thickened. Add a small amount of liquid to the yolk reserve and return to pan.
Cook a few minutes. Cool. Spoon over cheesecake. Chill.
Key Lime Cheesecake
Key lime and cheesecake is to die for! OK so it isn't a lemon cheesecake recipe, but this is the ultimate citrus deluxe sweet. Tangy and delicious they won't be able to keep the fork down for too long. Give them a taste of Florida.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest (grated lime peel)
- 2/3 cup key lime juice
- Combine cookie or graham cracker crumbs with butter or margarine. Press into bottom and partially up sides of 9 inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer the cream cheese, sugar, lime peel, and cornstarch until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, blending just until smooth. Add key lime juice with mixer on low. Finish mixing by hand. Do not overbeat, or cake will crack during baking.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 55 to 65 minutes, or until set. To minimize cracking, place a shallow pan half full of hot water on lower rack during baking.
- Turn oven off, and let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes with the door open at least 4 inches. Remove from oven.
- Refrigerate cake overnight, and up to three days.
Tip: to make cream cheese filling green add a couple of drops of green food coloring.
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Cake but finger food at the same time. They can devour one or many. But just remind them to lick, I mean, clean their fingers when they're finished.
- 1 package cake mix, lemon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- Blend dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Press into ungreased 13x9x2 pan.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually blend in powdered sugar. Stir in peel and lemon juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup; refrigerate.
- Beat 2 eggs into remaining cheese mixture until blended. Spread over cake mixture.
- Bake at 350 F until set, about 25 minutes; cool completely. Spread with reserved cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Return to Cheesecake Gifts
Lemon Cheesecake to Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts Home