Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
Peppermint Chocolate Cookies offer one of my favorite flavor combinations. The sweet frosting on top, soft baked cookie batter and crunchy bits of peppermint candies give you a blend of different textures to enjoy.
Great for simple, romantic gifts on Valentine's Day or given spontaneously. Who doesn't love unexpected gifts?
Peppermint and chocolate flavors are a good option for the Christmas season too, but really anyone who loves chocolate would love to receive these chocolate treats.
These are drop cookies and therefore easy to make. Learn how to make the homemade peppermint frosting from scratch.
Package them in
Ingredients to make Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine- softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate (1 oz.)- melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions to make Peppermint Frosting
- 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Melt 1/4 cup butter, the corn syrup and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Spoon or drizzle mixture over each cookie; sprinkle with crushed candies.
Directions to make Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
- Heat oven to 375º. Beat sugar, 1/2 cup butter, the vanilla, egg and unsweetened chocolate in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour and salt.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto
ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten cookies with greased bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake until set, about 8 minutes. Cool 1 to 2 minutes;
remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool cookies completely.
- Spread Peppermint Frosting over each cookie to within 1/4 inch of edge.
Peppermint Chocolate Cookies back to Candy Recipes
Back to Cookies Gifts
Back to Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts Home