How to Make Peppermint Meringues
Peppermint Meringues are a very delicate, light cookie that are perfect for the moment you are in the mood for a dessert, but not heavy. These will just melt in your mouth. They are very easy to make. You can package them as gifts in a tall, plastic bags and tie them off with a decorative ribbon or twist tie. Then place a sticker on the outside for added decoration.
Peppermint Meringue Cookies Recipe
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Pulverized Peppermint Candies
- Green or Red Food Coloring (2 drops- the color will depend on the color of mints you buy, green or red)
- 2 Cookie Sheets
- Electric Mixer
- Large Bowl
- Large Spatula
- Parchment Paper
- Cooling Racks
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- On medium speed, use electric mixer to beat egg whites, cream of tartar sauce, and salt in large bowl until mixture becomes foamy.
- Slowly add in sugar while increasing mixer to high speed, beat until really thick and mounds of mix start to stick up in air.
- Work in pulverized candies and 2 drops of food coloring.
- Scoop up the mix with the teaspoon and place each scoop on cookie sheet a few iches apart.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes. The cookies should be hardened and dry. Now place them on cooling racks.
TIP: Another version would be to sprinkle some extra peppermint candy dust on top of the cookies for an added visual effect. Or to add extra taste add a drop of peppermint extract to the mix. If you'd like a marble, swirl effect then don't mix the batter until the green or red color dominates the mix, just swirl it with the spatula.
Back to Gourmet Cookies
Peppermint Meringues to Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts Home