Baked Pineapple Cheesecake
Do you like citrus flavored cheesecake?
Have you ever tried Pineapple Cheesecake?
If not then you've got to try this recipe. This cheesecake recipe from scratch is easy to make. Just make sure you stop by the store to get a springfoam pan if you do not already have one. They should be less than $10 anywhere they sell baking supply equipment.
One thing I love about cheesecake is the crust and the variety of different kinds. This time around you will make crumbs out of vanilla wafer cookies and you will make the pineapple topping on the stovetop with water, sugar and cornstarch.
For additional flavor and presentation garnish with whipped cream and mint leaves. This is just optional though. Then your only other question would be, "Do I eat it myself?", or "Should I make it as an edible gift for someone else?"
Store in the refrigerator for about 3 days or delivery immediately as a gift packed in a large cookie tin or pie box with window lid.
Check out the PICTURE RECIPE farther down on this page.
Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 Cup Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Margarine (Melted)
- 16 Oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Cold Water (Divided)
- 1 Can (20 ounces) Crushed Pineapple (Drained)
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crumbs and margarine. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In meantime combine cream cheese, sugar and milk and mix at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after adding each.
- Bake again at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minutes. Then loosen cake from around inside of rim of pan with sharp knife.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 3 hours or overnight before unbuckling and removing the rim of the pan.
- Now for the topping. Combine sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth then stir into pineapple mixture. Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool completely. Spread topping over cheesecake.
How to Make Pineapple Cheesecake- Recipe with Pictures
Were you the kind of kid that never read the text, just looked at the pictures? Yeah, me too. So now learn from pictures to make this delectable cheesecake recipe.
1. Vanilla Wafer Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Crush the cookies in either a food processor or like I did here with a sealed plastic bag and rubber mallet.
Mix Crumbs and Margarine
Combine crumbs and melted margarine in a bowl and mix well with your fingers until well blended.
Pressing Crumbs into Springform Pan
Press crumbs onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
Completed Pressed Vanilla Crust in Springform Pan
2. Make Pineapple Cheesecake Filling: In meantime while crust is baking combine cream cheese, sugar and milk and mix at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after adding each.
Create Pineapple Cheesecake Filling
3. Filling into Springform Pan and Bake: Pour pineapple cheesecake filling into springform pan on top of crust then place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
Cheesecake Filling in Springform Pan
4. Cool Cheesecake: Cool for about 10 minutes. Then loosen cake from around inside of rim of pan with sharp knife. Chill in refrigerator for about 3 hours or overnight before unbuckling and removing the rim of the pan.
Baked Cheesecake in Springform Pan
5. Make Pineapple Topping: Now for the topping. Combine sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple. In this case I used fresh pineapple and cut it into small pieces. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth then stir into pineapple mixture. Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Pineapple in Sauce Pan
6. Spread Pineapple Topping onto Cheesecake: Spread topping with spatula. Either cover one quarter of cake at a time of start from center and work outwards.
Spreading Pineapple Topping onto Cheesecake 1
Spreading Pineapple Topping onto Cheesecake 2
Spreading Pineapple Topping onto Cheesecake 3
Packing Pineapple Cheesecake in Cake Caddy
Packed Pineapple Cheesecake Ready for Delivery
More Cheesecake Recipes to Try:
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Recipe with Pictures
Lemon Cheesecake Recipes
Key Lime Cheesecake Recipes
Cherry Cheescake Recipes
Blueberry Cheesecake Recipes
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipes
- Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe to Various Cheesecake Recipes