Wouldn't a pumpkin pie and whipped cream spice up their day?
Pumpkin pie makes us think of the Fall season whether Halloween or Thanksgiving. This deluxe sweet has a softer taste than the other fruit pies on this site. There are some that absolutely love this special treat and could eat it anytime of the year. When October and November roll around you could show your clients just how special they are by sending them this treat. Have a pumpkin pie delivered to your priest, pastor or other clergyman to celebrate Thanksgiving. Try the recipe for a homemade pumpkin pie and suprise Grandma during the season or if you live many miles away have one arrive just in time for the holiday. That's one way of giving thanks during the holidays, isn't it?
Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
You could replace the real pumpkin with canned, but if they're in season try the real thing- it's fun!
- 1 sugar pumpkin (approximately 6" in diameter)
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk or cream
- 1/2 cup (~110g) sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin.
- Scoop out the stringy insides and seeds.
- Cut the remaining outer shell into squares.
- Boil the squares uncovered until they're soft.
- The longer you cook, the thicker the resulting texture of the baked pie and the stronger the flavor. Cool and cut off outer skin.
- Place the squares into a blender with milk, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste. This will become your filling.
- Prepare two bowls, putting a cups worth of filling in each.
- Add two eggs to each bowl and mix.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celsius).
- Transfer the filling from the two bowls to two pie crusts.
- Sprinkle gently with cinnamon.
- Wrap the pie crust edges in foil so that they don't burn.
- Put the two pies in the oven for 45 minutes. Make sure they are on the same rack. If one gets more heat than the other, you'll end up
with one burnt pie and one uncooked one. Check on your pies after 30 minutes, to avoid burning.
- Let them cool at room temperature before eating. Refrigerate leftovers.
Don't forget to bring the whipped cream or even add a scoop of coffee ice cream on top. Perhaps prepare a cup of hot chocolate. That'll give it a delicious twist!!
Pumpkin Pie to Home Page