Snowman Rice Crispy Treats-Peppermint Butter Cream Frosting Filled
Snowman Rice Crispy Treats are fun and easy to make and more great holiday party favors.
Not just your regular rice crispy treats. Shaped like snowmen, peppermint flavored, double layered with butter cream frosting blended with peppermint bits and coated with white chocolate to provide that first bite heavenly taste.
Enjoy this deluxe Rice Crispy Treat invented by Deluxe-Sweets-and-Candy-Gifts.com.
Supplies (These are items that you should already have):
1. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside. Set cereal in large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Place candy canes in plastic sealable bag and lightly pound with rubber mallet on counter top (for the protection of your counters place cutting board on top of counter first). Set aside.
3. Melt butter in sauce pot on low heat. Once starts to melt add one package of marshmallows. Stir with wooden spoon.
4. Once completely melted and in liquid form remove from heat. Add one drop of peppermint candy flavoring and stir well.
5. Pour marshmallow mix from sauce pot into cereal in large bowl. Spray wooden spoon with cooking oil and stir well. Add a small amount of the candy cane then stir. Do this several times until the candy is used up.
6. Press first batch of cereal mix into one of the baking dishes then place in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to harden faster. Then repeat the same steps for second batch of cereal mix.
7. Remove baking pans from refrigerator and press cookie cutter into mix. Form shapes throughout entire pans. Use left over mix to press to top off filled
cookie cutter. Stuff as much mix into the cookie cutter for each rice crispy treat.
The fuller the treat, the easier it will be
8. Blend peppermint bits and butter cream frosting in a medium sized bowl. You will make sandwiches out of two pieces of rice crispy treats. Then spread frosting on one half of the treats. Set each "sandwich" on a tray and set aside until covering in white chocolate.
10. Since this recipe only calls for a small amount of rice crispy treats we will use the microwave to melt the chocolate. Only work with about 8-10 chips at a time. Melt at 40% power and set the timer to 50 seconds. Pull out of microwave and stir until completely liquid. If it needs a little more melting, set at 40% power and timer to about 15 to 20 seconds.
11. Spread chocolate onto each treat with spatula, sides and tops. Repeat melting process until all treats are covered. After finished set in fridge again for another 15-20 minutes. Then place treats in fridge to set for about 20 minutes.
Now it's time to melt the chocolate to paint the details on the treats.
12. Melt about 6-8 colored white chocolate chips or wafers of your choice in small microwaveable bowls.
13. Remove treats from fridge and with candy paint brush create details on each snowman like scarves and hats. Do one item at a time, moving from one snowman to the next. Repeat this step using different colors until all snowmen are completed.
If you don't have black colored wafers for the eyes and coal you will need black oil-based candy food coloring.
Here are some finished master pieces.
Have a little fun...