Unicorn Party Favors: Rice Crispy Treats
Unicorn Party Favors
These mythical Unicorn Rice Crispy Treats are adorable and easy to make. Compliment them with other girls themed party favors like princess crowns, castles, royal stage coaches, glass slippers and more!
These yummy delights are covered and detailed in white chocolate and have been flavored with a tint of cherry. Easy to make and fun to eat.
Want ideas for flavor and decorating combinations? Read on and check out these girls party favor ideas and some cute party favor pics! Enjoy!
Unicorn Party Favors: Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
Ingredients for Unicorn Party Favors Rice Crispy Treats:
Extra Supplies for Making and Decorating Unicorn Party Favors :
Directions for Unicorn Party Favors Rice Crispy Treats
1. Prepare baking dish. Spray baking dish and set aside. Measure and set cereal in large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Butter and Marshmallows. Melt butter in sauce pot on low heat. Once starts to melt add package of marshmallows. Stir with wooden spoon or plastic spoon.
3. Candy Flavoring. Once marshmallows are completely melted and in liquid form remove from heat. Add one drop of cherry candy flavoring and stir well.
4. Combine Melted Marshmallows and Crisped Cereal. Pour marshmallow mix from sauce pot into cereal in large bowl.
(Optional) You can mix in candy like gummies, M&Ms® for extra flavor and to add another texture to your rice crispy treats. Sinking your teeth through the crisped cereal then biting into the gummy candies or hard-shelled mini chocolates is like biting into raisins in your breakfast cereal.
Spray wooden spoon with cooking oil and stir well.
5. Press Crisped Cereal Batter into Baking Sheet. Press mix into large baking sheet with sides then place in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to harden faster. This step will also make it easier to shape the treats with the cookie cutter.
6. Unicorn Cookie Cutter. Remove from refrigerator and press unicorn cookie cutter into mix. Use left over mix to press into cookie cutter in order to top off treats. Stuff as much mix into the cookie cutter for each rice crispy treat. The fuller the treat, the easier it will be to cover in chocolate and the more uniform each treat will be. Set treats on tray and keep aside for the time being.
7. Melt Chocolate. Now it's time to melt the chocolate. And here's my NEW easy way of doing it. It makes everything easier by saving time and eliminating lots of cleaning. What more do you want?
You will use the microwave. Choose one color at a time. Place half the package in a zipper-type plastic bag. On 30% power warm chocolate for one minute. Remove and press the chocolate with your fingers working the chocolate . If soft and liquidy go to next step, if not repeat step, but in 15-second intervals. (Make sure to reset power each time to 30%.)
8. Plastic Squeeze Bottles. Now we will transfer the chocolate into the plastic squeeze bottles. Cut off an end of the plastic bag and place into the squeeze bottle. Squeeze out the chocolate into the bottle.
TIP:To keep chocolate warm and liquid pour some water into a wide mug or large cup, then place bottle inside. Keep a pot of warm water on the stove over very low heat and as the water in the mug cools replace it with warmer water from the pot..
TIP #2: I have a separate, individual burner. I keep it closer to my work area on top of a non-flameable surface like a cutting board. This way I don't have to walk back and forth to the stove.
Repeat melting steps with both colors before proceeding to next decorating step.
9. Decorate Rice Crispy Treats. Squeeze the chocolate onto treats. Work with one treat at a time. These squeeze bottles will make life easier. There are different techniques you can use. The two basic ones I've come up with are squiggly lines or smooth out the chocolate with the spatula to create a flat surface.
Sprinkle sugar crystals onto chocolate while it is still wet. Let chocolate dry before adding borders.
Add sugar pearls to points of crown or anyway you would like to create interesting designs.
10. Package in cellophane bags and tie off with a ribbon.
Other Decorating and Flavor Ideas for