Welcome Back Teachers Candy Gifts: Giant Personalized Rice Crispy Treat Puzzle
Welcome Back your kids' teachers with a New School Year gift and start the year off on the right foot.
But I'm sure even the teachers are tired of getting the same old gifts.
Not anything expensive you say? Not sure where to start I hear?
Check this easy-to-make, do-it-yourself gift idea I made up.
A personalized, giant, chocolate covered rice crispy treat shaped like an apple with a message written on it...
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! Look closer! It's also a puzzle!
You know the best part about this Welcome Back teachers gift isn't even how it looks, it's how it tastes. Have you ever eaten a rice crispy treat covered in chocolate. Well, this one is made with red-colored white chocolate. I promise you one bite and you won't be able to put the treat back down. Not too sweet, not too rich, just right, the perfect combination of the sweet white chocolate and creamy marshmallows and butter. And this was all done without the help of cookie cutters.
Want to know how to do-it-yourself? Then check out the pictorial guide below.
How to Make Personalized Welcome Back Teachers Gift: Giant Apple Rice Crispy Treat Puzzle
For Rice Crispy Treats
1. To create this Welcome Back teachers gift we must first we make the cookie outline to create the shape of the giant apple puzzle. The easiest way is to look at a picture of a apple cookie cutter from the internet. Simply search in Google for an image of an apple cookie cutter. An apple cookie cutter image will be much easier to draw than an actual apple. Draw the image on the paper first with a pencil. Next add the lines for the puzzle. Draw three well-rounded pieces. Too many pieces and too many sharp edges will be difficult to cut later. Next trace the lines with the black marker.
Next cut out the shapes then laminate each shape. Keep the plastic of the laminating paper as close to the edges of the paper shapes or the puzzle will not go together well.
2. Place wax paper on the cookie sheets and set aside. Melt the butter in the sauce pan over low heat. Spray spoon with cooking spray.
3. Once butter starts to melt add the marshmallows and stir immediately. Let marshmallows and butter melt completely until liquified.
4. Remove from heat and stir in crisped rice cereal. It would be easier to stir everything in a separate large bowl.
5. Once completely blended pour into the cookie sheet (or casserole dish). Spray fingers with cooking spray and press into cookie sheet to desired thickness.
6. Place the treats in the refrigerator to allow them to harden up a bit, which will make it easier to cut and decorate them later. You will not need to store them in the fridge, though, this may cause them to stale and the chocolate may sweat after moving back to room temperature.
7. After cooling for about 30 minutes, and the mix has hardened just a bit, lay the entire puzzle onto the pressed rice crispy treats mix. Cut only around the outer line of the puzzle, not along the inner, puzzle piece lines with a sharp, staight-edged steak knife.
The Welcome Back teachers gift is taking form...
8. Now it's time to melt the chocolate. Pour the chocolate wafers into three different small microwaveable
bowls. You do NOT want the chocolate to thicken up due to overheating. So to be safe heat the chips the first time for 30 seconds. The wafers will still be pretty
solid, this is normal. Remove and stir then reheat in 10-second intervals stirring between each time. Continue until chips are liquified and smooth, if they
9. To decorate the treat dip rubber spatula into the chocolate and spread over area of apple the should be red. Of course, the green over the leaf and the brown over the stem. Put the treats aside to let chocolate set until hardened. If you can wait 24 hours before decorating it would be better, but if not at least 30 minutes or more.
10. Outline the whole treat with black writing gel. Decorate with your favorite candies, toppings or writing gel. Create borders, write messages, names, etc.
11. Cut the pieces with the sharp straight-edged knife along the inner lines. Scrape off the excess mix and marshmallow strings along the inner parts of the puzzle pieces. Set the pieces aside in a casserole dish covered in plastic wrap then set aside to harden a bit more.
I don't have it pictured here, but you could package in a pie box with clear plastic window and wrap in gift wrap and add a bow.
There you have it, a giant, personalized, white chocolate covered Welcome Back Teachers Rice Crispy Treat shaped like an apple.