Banana cake creamy, sweet. A unique flavor for sweet lovers.
Banana cake is a great alternative to the tart, citrus or even chocolate flavors of other deluxe sweets. I just love banana cream frosting especially with vanilla or even banana ice cream. Check out these great banana cake recipes below.
Banana Upside-Down Cake
The chewy cooked banana slices cover the soft, fresh and warm baked cake batter underneith. Hmmm! I can smell the warm, sweet smelling aroma floating through the kitchen. This recipe is pretty unique. You'll surely stand out for bringing them a tasty surprise that they've probably never had before.
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Using electric mixer, cream brown sugar and butter in medium bowl until well mixed. Spread brown sugar mixture over bottom of 9-inch square baking dish with 2-inch high sides.
- Arrange banana slices on top of brown sugar mixture, covering completely. Set cake pan aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Mix mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla in another small bowl.
- Using electric mixer, cream 1 1/4 cups sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients alternatively with buttermilk mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter over bananas in pan. Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool slightly. Turn cake over onto plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Frosted Banana Cake
The cream cheese and banana flavor will please their palate. Who would you like to surprise with a banana cake gift today?
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/8 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.
- For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of the frosting, if desired.
Easy Banana Cream Cake
Here's another delicious frosting banana cake recipe. If you're looking for an easier recipe in which to surprise someone you care about with an edible gift, try this one.
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 2 c. sifted flour
- 1 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. mashed bananas
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. broken nut meats
- Soften shortening, sift in dry ingredients. Add bananas, milk, and vanilla. Mix until flour is dampened, then beat vigorously for 2 minutes. Add eggs, beat 2 more minutes. Stir in nuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes in a well-greased and floured 7 1/2 x 12 1/2 x 2 inch pan.
- Mix sour cream and brown sugar. Spread on warm cake in pan. Sprinkle with the nut meats. Bake 2 or 3 minutes or until frosting is set. Set cake aside.
Banana Cake to Cake Gifts
Back to Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts Home