Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe
Butter Pecan Ice Cream is a classic flavor and you can learn how to make it right here. Owning an ice cream maker is a privilege in my opinion. It is a real treat to be able to make your own homemade ice cream. It's one of the most fun things to do in the kitchen. You can make someone very happy by suprising them with a batch of their favorite recipes. You can even make up your own flavors.***Get Free Printable Ice Cream Maker Recipes***
Pecans are some of the most delicious nuts and this creamy butte pecan recipe will not dissappoint. Check it out and don't forget to pick up your free copy of the printable butter pecan ice cream recipe below.
Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe***Click here for your
Free Printable Recipe for Homemade Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Pecans (pieces)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/4 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 1/8 Cups of Sugar
- Whole Vanilla Bean (optional)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 1/4 Cups of Heavy Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Toast the Pecans. Melt butter in large skillet. Toss in pecans and salt. Cookon medium-low heat until toasted (not burnt), stir often. Remove fomr heat and strain the excessbutter. Chill the pecans.
- Freezer Bowl. Place ice cream maker freezer bowl in freezer overnight.
- Beat Eggs. Combine eggs and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is thick, smooth and pale yellow in color then set aside.
- Create Ice Bath. Create an ice bath. Fill a larger unheatable bowl half way with ice and water. Place a smaller unheatable bowl inside.
- Remove Seeds from Vanilla Bean. This is optional. Vanilla beans add more flavor to the recipe,but they can be difficult to find and are expensive. You can buy them online or in some gourmetsupermarkets. Use a sharp straigt-edged knife (chef's knife) to split the bean in half lengthwise.DO NOT CUT INTO TWO PIECES. With blunt side (back side) of the knife scrape out the tinyseeds. You will use them in the next step to stir them along with the bean pod into the milk/cream mixture in the next step.
- Create Custard Base. Combine milk and cream in medium sauce pan. Drop in vanilla bean seeds and bean pod, stir. Warm up mixture over a slow boil on medium heat until you startto see bubbles and mixture begins to steam. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionly. This process allows the vanilla flavor to blend well with the mixture.Remove vanilla bean and pod. Scoop 1 cup of warm cream and with an electric hand mixture on low speed and slowly add to the egg yolk mixture. Next pour the egg yolk mixture back into the milk/cream mixture. Continue to warm up over medium low heat. Constantly stir with wooden spoon until the custard mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon and you canrun your finger through the coating and the space does not fill in immediately.(DO NOT OVERHEAT or the eggs or they will curdle and be ruined). Now you have the custard base to make the ice cream.
- Ice Bath. Pour the mixture into the top smaller bowl of the ice bath. Stir until cool. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or completely chilled.
- Time for the Ice Cream Maker. Remove cream mixture from fridge and pour into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker then follow the ice cream maker instructions for your particular model. Cream will start to freeze within minutes. And eventuallywill thicken should be 20-25 minutes. With about 5 minutes before the mixing is complete add the pecans to the ice cream and let the machine thoroughlymix them in. Serve immediately if you desire softer, creamier ice cream or store in the freezer in an airtight container for 2 more hours. Remove beforeserving and let sit for 15 minutes.
Do you like this Butter Pecan Ice Cream recipe?
-Then click here for your FREE Printable Recipe-
Get more free printable ice cream maker recipes. Just fill in the boxes below and you will soon receive a link and password. Within seconds you will access to your recipes. You will also receive new recipes as we add them sent to your email. Your privacy is important to us and will not be shared. It will only be used for our updates.
Butter Pecan Ice Cream back to Ice Cream Maker Recipes
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
How to make Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
How to Make Homemade Cookie Dough Ice Cream
How to Make Vanilla Bean Ice Cream