How to Make Cherry Ice Cream
Looking for new cherry desserts? Then check out this Cherry Ice Cream recipe. I think of all the red fruit flavors, cherries are my favorite. I am a big fan of cherry ice cream. There are so many variations. This recipe calls for dried cherries, so they'll be plenty chewy and the rum adds a more unique, exotic flavor. Pull out your ice cream maker and try this recipe.
Have a barbeque coming up? Or maybe a pool party? This deluxe sweet is sure to delight everyone. Just pack in an airtight plastic container and carry inside a cooler with plenty of ice or blue ice packs.
Cherry Ice Cream Recipe 1
- 3/4 Cup Dried Cherries
- 1/2 Cup Rum
- 2 1/2 Cups Light Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Freezer Bowl. Place ice cream maker freezer bowl in freezer overnight.
- Soak Cherries. Put cherries in a small bowl and cover with rum. Soak overnight to allow the flavor of the rum to penetrate thethoroughly cherries.
- Beat Eggs. Combine eggs and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is thick, smooth and pale yellow in color then set aside.
- Create Ice Bath. Create an ice bath. Fill a larger unheatable bowl half way with ice and water. Place a smaller unheatable bowl inside.
- Create Custard Base. Heat up the light cream and sugar in medium sauce pan on medium low heat until sugar dissolves and bubbles form around the sides of the pan and begins to steam. Scoop 1/2 cup of warm cream and add to the egg yolk mixture and stir. Next pour the egg yolk mixture back into the milk/cream mixture and continue to heat up. Constantly stir with wooden spoonuntil the custard mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon and you canrun your finger through the coating and the space does not fill in immediately.(DO NOT OVERHEATor the eggs or they will curdle and be ruined). Now you have the custard base to make the ice cream.
- Ice Bath. Strain the custard through a sieve into a medium bowl to remove all the excess creamy foamand stir in heavy cream then place in top smaller bowl of the ice bath. Stir in vanilla and continue until cool. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or completely chilled.
- Time for the Ice Cream Maker. Remove cream mixture from fridge. Stir in bananas, vanilla and nutmeg then follow the ice cream maker instructions for your particular model. Cream will start to freeze within minutes. And eventually will thicken. Return to freezer to set and become creamier. This is when the flavor thoroughly develops. Store in an airtight plastic container.
Cherry Ice Cream back to More Ice Cream Maker Recipes
Ice Cream Maker Reviews
How to Make Green Tea Ice Cream
How to Make Homemade Coffee Ice Cream