How to Make Chinese Fortune Cookies
Is there a way to make homemade Chinese Fortune Cookies?
Create your own fortunes or Chinese proverbs either hand-written or on the computer. You can even create colored fortune cookies
or just plain. The consistency of the cookie may be a little different than what you are used to in Chinese restaurants, but they are enjoyable to eat and make, but you must be quick to remove the cookies from the oven and then shape them.
Surprise your boyfriend or friends and package them in
gift boxes, bags or tins
Chinese Fortune Cookies Recipe
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 8 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 8 Tablespoons Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 4 Teaspoons Cold Water
- Cooking Spray
- Optional: Food Coloring (colors of your choice)
- Large Bowl
- Electric Mixer and Whisk Attachment
- Thin Spatula
- 2 Large Cookie Sheets
- Tall Wide Drinking Glass
- 10-15 Fortunes or Proverbs (written or printed; 3 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide)
- Optional: several muffin tins (to help shape the cookies)
- Small bowls for each color
Yields about 10 cookies.
- Write out or print out Fortunes or proverbs.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray cookie sheets then set aside.
- Using a high speed beat egg whites and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer with whisk attachment until frothy.
- Change mixer to low speed and beat in flour, butter, both extracts and water. Batter should be smooth, but not runny. TIP: This is the
time to add your food coloring. Add one drop at a time and mix until you get the right shade of color. If you would like many different colors then
you will need to divide the batter amongst many different smaller bowls.
- With teaspoon drop level spoonfuls of batter onto a prepared cookie sheet about 3 inches apart until one complete sheet is covered. Tilt the sheet back and forth and side to side until all the drops of batter form circles about 4 inches around.
- Bake one sheet at a time for about 14-15 minutes until the outer edges and about a 1/2 inch in are golden, brown.
- Working Quickly remove sheet from oven and take one cookie off with the spatula and flip it over onto your hand. Middle will still be somewhat
moist. Fold in half then gently grab each end of cookie and with straight edge of it fold it over the glass. Next place it into one of the muffin tin
cavities to cool until finished.
- Repeat the same process for the next cookie sheet.
Thank you for visiting Deluxe-Sweets-and-Candy-Gifts.com. If you like our site please tell your friends on Facebook with the link
at the bottom of this page.
To Classic Cookies
Back to Gourmet Cookies
Chinese Fortune Cookies to Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts Home