Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Chocolate Almond Biscotti is to die for! I make some of these tasty Italian cookies then take them to work and everyone goes crazy. I half to break them each into two pieces so they go around.
I love to dip them in mocha capuccino coffee or gourmet hot chocolate and the taste is out of this world. These are easy to make and you come out looking like a chef. People are stunned you made these on your own. They are considered a cookie delicasy because you see them in coffee shops everywhere.
They make great gifts for the holidays. Package about 3 in
, tie off with ribbon, slap some stickers on them and drop them in an inexpensive coffee mug that you can buy at your local dollar store. Create a gift tag with a cute
and you've got yourself a great gift.
Make a couple dozen and you can create many homemade gifts for many different people, teachers, business clients as thank you gifts, neighbors, gift exchanges or small spontaneous gift for your spouse or girlfriend or boyfriend. Add a bag of gourmet coffee or hot chocolate to spruce it up a bit.
You will bring lots of smiles and won't spend much time or money doing so.
Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- 3/4 Cup Blanched Almonds
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Grated Orange Zest- 1 orange
- 2 Eggs, 2 Egg Yolks, 1 Egg White (lightly beaten)
- 3 oz. Semi-sweet Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on two large cookie sheets.
- Place almonds on a cookie sheet and spread out evenly. Toast for about 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. WATCH carefully do NOT burn. Then let cool.
- Separate into two groups. Chop one half coarsely. Drop the rest in food processor until very finely ground.
- Sift dry ingredients: flour, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- Stir in ground almond mixture and orange zest.
- Make a well in center of mixture and work in whole eggs and eff yolks with hands until sticky.
- Mix in coarsely chopped almonds and chocolate.
- Divide dough into four parts. Make four long, thick logs (about 12 inches). Brush them with the egg whites.
- Place them about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until firm to the touch or toothpick plucked in middle comes out cleanly.
- Remove and place on cutting board to cool (about 15 minutes). Once cooled cut on the diagonal into 1/2 inch slices with large serrated knife.
- Spread the slices onto 2 cookie sheets, cut-side facing up and bake for about 15-20 minutes IN MIDDLE RACK until golden brown and toasted. WATCH CAREFULLY do NOT let burn.
- Place on cooling racks.
Chocolate Almond Biscotti to Gourmet Cookies
Get FREE Cookies and Candy Recipes Ebooks