Lemon Cake, taste that tangy twist that will tingle their taste buds.
Lemon cake reminds us of those sunny summer days with a tall glass of ice water or tea, but this tasty deluxe can brighten any cloudy day too. Just like the other cake flavors on this page lemon is very versatile. Their are so many different types of desserts and sweets you can make with this citrus fruit. If you'd like to make someone special in your life smile and feel important just check out some of the great lemony treats at online stores, order one and have it delivered to their house or office. If you'd like to try your own hand and give your mom, aunt or co-worker a nice, tart homemade gift try one of the great lemon cake recipes listed below.
Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
The sugary sweet glaze of this lemon cake contrasts with the acidic lemon taste to create perfect culinary symmetry on a plate and a delicious treat in your recipient's mouth.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in lemon peel. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Place rack on waxed paper. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving.
Lemon Square Bars
Ok so this is not a lemon cake recipe, but actually a lemon cookie recipe, but it was a decent enough spot to put this addictive treat. They're so lemony divine their lips will pucker if they eat too many.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5/8 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups flour and confectioners' sugar. Blend in the melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Combine the sugar, baking powder and 1/4 cup of flour so there will be no flour lumps. Stir the sugar mixture into the eggs. Finally, stir in the lemon juice. Pour over the prepared crust and return to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until bars are set. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Lemon Custard Cake
Warm custard will set at bottom and you can enjoy the soft yummy lemon cake on top.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 c. milk, heated
- Cream in a bowl butter, sugar, salt and lemon juice and flour.
- Separate eggs and add 3 egg yolks, beaten. Add milk, then add beaten egg whites and mix thoroughly.
- Bake in greased custard cups or baking dish, but put cups or dish in pan of water for 40 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and serve after cooled.
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Delicious moist lemon cake covered by a tangy, lemony glaze. Make many loafs of this tasty deluxe sweet and deliver them to many of your friends or relatives.
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
Li>1 1/8 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar and salt. Then mix in the lemon peel, poppy seeds and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a saucepan over low heat; cook 3/4 cup white sugar and the lemon juice until stirring until sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack-place a cookie sheet underneath this rack.
- Prick the top of the cake several times with a toothpick. Brush the top of the cake with the room temperature syrup, allowing lots of the syrup to run down and soak into the sides and bottom of the cake. Cool slightly in the pan before removing the cake to the wire rack to cool completely.
- When completely cooled, wrap the cake in foil or plastic freezer wrap and let the cake rest at least one day before serving.
Back to Cake Gifts
Lemon Cake to Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts Home