Princess Crown Party Favors:
Rice Crispy Treats
Princess Crown Party Favors are here to the rescue.
It's the unique party favor idea you've been looking for. These crown-shaped delights are a fun and delicious idea for a kids party.
And it's not just the outside that will delight the crowd. The tasty ingredients are guaranteed to tantalize their taste buds. Covered in white chocolate, not frosting, mixed with gummy candies and dipped in milk chocolate and crushed Oreo cookies, these treats will cast a spell on all visitors and have them asking how you made them.
Wrap in cellophane bags and tie them off with a bow. These homemade party favors will be a hit for both your invitees and budget!
That's not all! Don't want to mix in gummy candies, the check out the different variations of ingredient and design ideas.
Princess Crown Party Favors: Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
Ingredients for Princess Crown Party Favor Rice Crispy Treats:
- 6 Cups Sugar-Coated Crisped Rice Cereal
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter (sticks)
- 1 Bag of Mini Marshmallows (10 oz bag)
- 1/2 Cup Gummy Candy (bears, dots) or candy of choice (M&Ms®, etc.)
- 1 Package per Color of
Merckens® or Wilton's ®Chocolate Coating Wafers (12 oz.)- white and pink
- 1 Drop of Cherry Candy Flavoring (or your choice)
- Red and Pink Colored Sugar Crystals
- Sugar Pearls
Extra Supplies for Making and Decorating Princess Crown Party Favors Rice Crispy Treats:
- Crown Cookie Cutter
- Medium or Large Plastic Sauce Squeeze Bottles (one per color)
- Zipper, Resealable Plastic Bags
- Rubber Spatula
Directions for Princess Crown Party Favors: Rice Crispy Treats
1. Prepare baking dish. Spray baking dish and set aside. Measure and set cereal in large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Butter and Marshmallows. Melt butter in sauce pot on low heat. Once starts to melt add package of marshmallows. Stir with wooden spoon or plastic spoon.
3. Candy Flavoring. Once completely melted and in liquid form remove from heat. Add one drop of cherry candy flavoring and stir well.
4. Combine Melted Marshmallows and Crisped Cereal. Pour marshmallow mix from sauce pot into cereal in large bowl. Create well in mix then add the gummy candy (or the candy you've chosen) then stir. Spray wooden spoon with cooking oil and stir well.
5. Press Crisped Cereal Batter into Baking Sheet. Press mix into large cookie sheet with sides then place in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to harden faster. This step will also make it easier to shape the treats with the cookie cutter.
6. Crown Cookie Cutter. Remove from refrigerator and press cookie cutter into mix. Use left over mix to press into cookie cutter in order to top off treats. Stuff as much mix into the cookie cutter for each rice crispy treat. The fuller the treat, the easier it will be to cover in chocolate and the more uniform each treat will be. Set treats on tray and keep aside for the time being.
7. Melt Chocolate. Now it's time to melt the chocolate. And here's my NEW easy way of doing it. It makes everything easier by saving time and eliminating lots of cleaning. What more do you want?
You will use the microwave. Choose one color at a time. Place half the package in a zipper-type plastic bag. On 30% power warm chocolate for one minute. Remove and press the chocolate with your fingers working the chocolate . If soft and liquidy go to next step, if not repeat step, but in 15-second intervals. (Make sure to reset power each time to 30%.)
8. Plastic Squeeze Bottles. Now it's time to transfer the chocolate into the plastic squeeze bottles. Cut off an end of the plastic bag and place into the squeeze bottle. Squeeze out the chocolate into the bottle.
TIP:To keep chocolate warm and liquid pour some water into a wide mug or large cup, then place bottle inside. Keep a pot of warm water on the stove over very low heat and as the water in the mug cools replace it with warmer water from the pot..
TIP #2: I have a separate, individual burner. I keep it closer to my work area on top of a non-flameable surface like a cutting board. This way I don't have to walk back and forth to the stove.
Repeat melting steps with both colors before proceeding to next decorating step.
9. Decorate Rice Crispy Treats. Squeeze the chocolate onto treats. Work with one treat at a time. These squeeze bottles will make life easier. There are different techniques you can use. The two basic ones I've come up with are squiggly lines or smooth out the chocolate with the spatula to create a flat surface.
Sprinkle sugar crystals onto chocolate while it is still wet. Let chocolate dry before adding borders.
Add sugar pearls to points of crown or anyway you would like to create interesting designs.
Package in cellophane bags and tie off with a ribbon.
Princess Crown Party Favors
KEEP READING, MORE TIPS TO COME...
Other Flavor and Decorating Ideas for Princess Crown Party Favors
Peppermint, strawberry, cotton candy. You can find these tiny bottles at Michael's ® or local baking stores like D and G Occasions here in Orlando. Great place! You'll find everything there, it's where I get most of my cookie cutters too.
Mixed in Candy
- M&Ms® are great. The little, hard candy shell gives an added pleasurable bite, kind of like raisins in cereal and the combination of white and milk chocolate gives makes a good contrast of different kinds of sweetness.
- Candy cane bits. One of my favorites to use in deluxe rice crispy treats. The hardness gives a contrast of texture and powerful taste give your palate a different experience to enjoy than the sweetness of the white chocolate.
I focus on two different techniques. Either using different candies or using the squeeze bottles to create chocolate details.
- Use mini M&Ms®, different colors of sugar crystals, other small hard candies, sprinkles or non-pareils.
- Sprinkle Nerds® on top. Their crunchy characteristic and tangy taste add another dimension to the party favors.
- Use different colors of chocolate to create stars, lines, dots, swirly lines, etc.
TIP: Color your own sugar crystals using liquid food coloring. Pour in some large, granulate sugar crystals, I use turbinado, into small, resealable plastic bags. With toothpick scoop up some food coloring and drop into the bag. Work with your fingers until all sugar changes color.
***Do you like our Princess Crown Party Favors?***
Tell us what you think.
Princess Crown Party Favors to Deluxe Sweets and Candy Gifts Home