Looking for a unique cereal bar? Then strawberry rice crispy treats could be the answer.
I love white chocolate in rice crispy treats, especially two layers, one solid thick layer on the bottom and a drizzled layer on top. Don't strawberry and white chocolate go well together? I love the combination! This recipe is easy to make. Yes, I know I put a lot of steps in, but I like separating recipes into individual steps rather than reading paragraphs. So please don't be intimidated by the numerous steps.
If you like flavored rice crispy treats and want a little challenge on top of that then go back and look at the decorated rice crispy treats I've created. But before you go check out the delicious strawberry rice crispy treats!
1. Prepare 9" baking pan. Lay sheet of wax paper on the bottom of pan and up the sides. Push paper up well against the edges so that is lays flat. Tape sheet to side of pan. Spray sheet with cooking oil.
2. Butter and marshmallows. Melt butter in saucepan on low heat. Once butter starts to melt add package of marshmallows. Stir with wooden spoon.
3. Combine melted marshmallows, crisped cereal and strawberries. Pour marshmallow mix from saucepan into cereal in large bowl. Stir with wooden spoon until melted marshmallows and cereal are well combined.
4. Press cereal mix into baking sheet. Press mix into 9" baking pan. You want thick treats. Set aside, but make sure to leave space for the chocolate layer.
5. Melt chocolate. Now it's time to melt the chocolate. You will use the microwave. Pour package of white chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl. Put about 1/4 cup aside in another bowl for drizzle at end of recipe. On 50% power warm chocolate for one minute. Stir with metal spoon. If soft and melted go to next step, if not repeat step, but in 15-second intervals. (Make sure to reset power each time to 50%.)
6. Pour melted chocolate. Pour melted white chocolate on top of cereal mix. Pick up pan, tilt it and move it around so that the chocolate covers the top of the cereal. Then tap the pan against a tabletop or counter top to create even layer.
7. Put in refrigerator. Place baking pan in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes so that the cereal mix and chocolate harden.
8. Melt remaining chocolate. Melt the remaining chocolate following the previous directions.
9. Drizzle chocolate. Remove pan from fridge. Undo tape on wax paper from sides of pan then lift cereal block from pan. Set on cutting board upside down with chocolate layer on bottom. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of cereal block. Set aside for about 5-10 minutes while chocolate sets.
10. Cut cereal block into smaller squares. With large chef's knife cut into three even strips. Then cut strips into two big pieces.
11. Package. Place pieces of treats into cellophane bags and tie off with decorative twist ties or ribbon to give as gifts or just eat them :) yourself.